Chicken Pot Pie
This recipe is sure to please your entire family, and it whips up in a snap! Give this recipe a try.
Write a review
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 2 (9-inch) unbaked pastry crusts
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas & carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 cups prepared Orrington Farms® Chicken Broth Base & Seasoning
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425⁰ F.
- Place one pastry crust into a 9-in. pie plate.
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, peas & carrots and celery. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Drain well and place into prepared pie plate.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté about 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Pour hot broth mixture over chicken; top with remaining pastry crust. Seal the edges and make 6 slits to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry crust is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Orrington Farms® is a registered trademark of Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc. (referred to within as "KPFG"). All materials submitted to KPFG become the property of KPFG and may be used by KPFG without compensation to the submitter. All material may be edited by KPFG for clarity, accuracy and space. KPFG reserves the right to remove any material it deems as inappropriate, inaccurate, or it considers harmful. Unless otherwise noted, user-submitted recipes have not been tested by the Orrington Farms’ test kitchen and are not endorsed by the Orrington Farms® brand or by KPFG. For more information, please read the legal notice.
Orrington Farms http://www.orringtonfarms.com/