Ham and Asparagus Risotto Recipe
A Family Favorite, This Ham & Asparagus Risotto Will Become A Staple In Your Household Dinner Lineup
Find more information on ORRINGTON FARMS® HAM FLAVORED CONCENTRATED BASE here.
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
1. 2 cups asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
4. 2 cups Orrington Farms® Ham Flavored Concentrated Base
8. 2 cups uncooked Arborio rice
9. 2 ½ cups fully cooked ham, chopped
11. To make this ham and asparagus risotto recipe simmer the asparagus in boiling water for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
22. Meanwhile, combine water, wine and ham broth in a large saucepan. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and keep warm over low heat.
33. Coat a large skillet with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat. Add mushrooms, peas and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add rice, cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add ½ cup warm broth mixture and cook 3 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Repeat with remaining broth mixture, ½ cup at a time, until all the liquid has been added. Continue to stir constantly.
44. Stir in asparagus and ham as the last of the liquid is being added. Heat thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Serve immediately.
Tips & Tricks: Risotto requires constant stirring and does not hold well. Serve immediately for best results.
Purchase Orrington Farms® Ham Flavored Concentrated Base here!